How to Get Me to Follow You on Twitter in 3 Easy Steps
Ask any of us long-time Twitter users about the proper way to get us to follow you and you will get many different answers.
For me, Twitter is about the conversation. It is not a fan club. I prefer to only follow people who follow me. If I can’t DM you when you DM me, that is unacceptable.
- Please follow me before you ask me to follow you.
- Then, tweet to me so I see you in my stream. Some days, I may miss tweets, but I try to reply to all.
- Keep following me or you will be dropped. My assistant uses a program to see who unfollows me. (It seems people believe they will have a higher Twitter score if they get me to follow them when they don’t follow me.)
I don’t have the usual rules like you must have 1,000 followers before I will follow you. However, I prefer to follow accounts with:
- A photo of a person
- A bio
- A website link (Make an about you page on Facebook if you don’t have a website.)
- Tweets to people and not a list of self-serving links
I like to help people get started on Twitter. Frequently, I present conference calls with my tips for beginners. I also organize many tweetups.
Tweet Me Right and I’ll Tweet You Nice!
Link to this post: How to Get Me to Follow You on Twitter in 3 Easy Steps http://bit.ly/kSz7L1
What do you require for us to follow you? Comments below